Click to Call
The Insurance Team

22246 S Ellsworth Rd
Queen Creek, AZ 85142

Get Directions

The Insurance Team Blog

Why Everyone Needs Flood Insurance

If you’re a homeowner, you probably have home insurance and rely on it to protect your home and yourself. However, your home insurance doesn’t protect against everything. You may need other insurance policies, one of which is flood insurance. If you don’t have home and flood insurance, it’s time to get it. Give us a call at The Insurance Team in Queen Creek, AZ. 

Flood Insurance Benefits

If you have home insurance, it excludes floods from the coverage. That means the policy won’t pay if a flood damages your home. When you don’t have flood insurance, all of the repairs or rebuilding will have to be paid for by you. When you have flood insurance, it can pay for repairs that would otherwise be extremely expensive for you. When you have this policy, you also get peace of mind from knowing that you’re covered just in case a flooding disaster should happen. 

The National Flood Insurance Program

When you get this insurance, it’s backed by this government program. That means that it’s guaranteed and will have plenty of funding. For some people, flood insurance doesn’t seem important. This is especially true when they don’t live in a flood zone. The problem is that one in every five flood claims comes from areas not inside flood zones. That makes it important always to have this insurance because flooding can strike just about anywhere. Whether you’re in a flood zone or not, this is one of the essential insurance policies that you should have to protect yourself financially. 

Get Flood Insurance 

Every homeowner needs this insurance in case of flooding. If you don’t have your policy yet, call us at The Insurance Team in Queen Creek, AZ, to get started. 

Why You Need Flood Insurance

When you own a home, there are many ways that you need to protect it. One of the ways you can protect your home is to have a flood insurance policy. It’s important to have this policy for many reasons. If you own a home and don’t have this type of insurance policy, it’s time to get one. When you want to know more about these policies, give us a call at The Insurance Team in Queen Creek, AZ.

The National Flood Insurance Program

This program is run by the U.S. government. It gives people access to flood insurance as well as backing and guaranteeing it. Because this insurance is government-backed, it won’t go out of business. It will be available to you for as long as you keep the policy.

It’s recommended to never go without this coverage, even if you don’t think you live in an area that floods. Among all of the flood claims that come in, about 20% of them come from areas outside of flood zones. They aren’t zoned for flooding, but flooding can still happen there. 

Home Insurance and Floods

One of the most common reasons that people have for not getting flood insurance is that they believe their home insurance will cover it. Why get another policy when you have home insurance? However, home insurance doesn’t include flooding. When there is flooding, you can’t get payment for any of the damage from your home insurance.

Without flood insurance, you would be responsible for paying for all the damage the flooding does. Floods are extremely destructive and often come with huge clean-up and repair costs. 

Get Flood Insurance 

If you don’t have a flood policy yet, it’s time to give us a call. Contact us at The Insurance Team in Queen Creek, AZ to learn more. 

Will Flood Insurance Replace My House in Severe Flooding?

As residents of Sumner, WA, we understand that the prospect of flood damage can be daunting. It’s vital to have flood insurance to protect your home and personal property from flood damage, even in areas that are not prone to it. However, a common question we get at Insurance Alliance LLC is whether flood insurance covers the replacement cost of a house in severe flooding.

Here’s what you need to understand:

The Limitations of Standard Homeowners Insurance

It’s a common misconception that standard homeowner’s insurance policies cover flood damage. However, this is not true. These policies do not cover damage from floods, so purchasing flood insurance separately is essential.

What Does Flood Insurance Cover?

Flood insurance is designed to help cover the cost of repairs or replacement of your home and personal property in the event of flood damage. However, it’s important to note that the coverage you receive will depend on the policy and your coverage type.

Coverage Options for Flood Insurance

Sumner residents have two options for flood insurance coverage:

  1. Standard Flood Insurance: This type of policy covers repairing or replacing a house and personal belongings damaged by floodwaters.
  2. Excess Flood Insurance: This policy type provides additional coverage on top of the standard policy limits. It can be particularly beneficial in catastrophic situations like severe flooding.

Does Flood Insurance Cover the Replacement Cost of My Sumner, WA House?

It depends on the policy. Standard flood insurance policies provide coverage up to a specific limit. If your house exceeds this limit and is declared a total loss, it may not provide enough coverage to replace your home entirely. In this case, excess flood insurance could provide additional coverage for rebuilding or returning your home.

Reach Out To Us

Insurance Alliance LLC can help you understand your flood insurance coverage options. Feel free to contact us today to discuss your unique needs.

What is flood insurance and what does it cover?

In 1954, a major flood hit Queen Creek, AZ, damaging 17,000 acres of crops and causing $1.8 million in damage. Since that time, the town has focused its efforts on flood control and education. Flood insurance comprises one of the essentials of those flood control efforts.

Flood Insurance: The Basics

At The Insurance Team, we offer flood insurance policies that help you protect your home and business. We work with the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) to offer a complete collection of flood policy options. You can purchase a policy that covers:

  • Structure only,
  • Contents only,
  • Structure and contents.

This means that you can either choose to insure only the building itself or your personal or business property inside it. A contents and structure policy covers both.

Why might someone want a structure-only policy? A landlord typically covers just the building because the contents belong to their renter. The renters buy their own policies.

The renter typically chooses a contents-only policy. This applies whether the person rents a home, office, or storage center.

Homeowners and vacation homeowners typically choose the structure and contents policies, as do business owners who own the building that houses their business.

You can find out what flood zone your home or business resides in by checking the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) website.

Which policy type do you need? How much flood insurance do you need?

Let us help you answer that question. Contact The Insurance Team serving Queen Creek, AZ for an appointment today. We’ll consult with you on your flood insurance needs and help you choose a policy that fully addresses your needs.

Servicing States

  • Alabama
  • Arizona
  • Arkansas
  • California
  • Colorado
  • Connecticut
  • Georgia
  • Idaho
  • Illinois
  • Kansas
  • Kentucky
  • Louisiana
  • Maryland
  • Michigan
  • Minnesota
  • Mississippi
  • Missouri
  • Nevada
  • New Hampshire
  • New Jersey
  • New Mexico
  • North Carolina
  • Ohio
  • Oklahoma
  • Oregon
  • Pennsylvania
  • Rhode
  • Island
  • South Carolina
  • South Dakota
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Utah
  • Vermont
  • Virginia
  • Washington
  • West Virginia
  • Wisconsin


  • Allstate
  • American Integrity Home
  • ASI/Progressive
  • Bristol West Auto
  • Dairyland
  • Encompass
  • Foremost
  • Hippo
  • Kemper
  • Mercury
  • MetLife
  • National General One Choice
  • Nationwide
  • Progressive
  • Safeco
  • Selective
  • State Auto Connect
  • Travelers
  • Wellington